We went to Florida 8/4 - 8/11 and had a GREAT time. On the way there, we stopped in New Hope, Alabama to see Pops...Troy's grandpa, but at this point, he's my grandpa too! He had some heart surgery recently, so it was really good to see him. He's looking good and I think he was really happy we stopped in. :) Here is Elizabeth outside of his house.
After Pops' house, we drove down to Florida. After a 2 hour delay due to a wreck outside of Atlanta, we finally made it to Ninny and Poppy's house at about 9pm. We had bought Elizabeth a shirt that said "I'm going to be a big sister of twins" and had her wear that when we got to their house. Here are some of the pictures from Ninny and Poppy finding out they were going to have more grandkids. See...they didn't even know yet, so they were so shocked and excited.
Ninny reading the shirt.
Looking at me saying" What??? Does that say what I think it says?"
In Shock!
Still in Shock!
And, just SO happy!
Poppy reading the shirt too!
Maddie, Troy's brothers girlfriend, coming by when we got there to see us.
Daddy and Elizabeth swimming in the pool the next morning.
Going to Cocoa Beach. Elizabeth walking with Lauren and Maddie. These girls were lifesavers while we were there...Uncle Stephen was as well! They all helped out with Elizabeth so much so I didn't have to pick her up and Troy and I didn't have to chase her so much. It was so nice!
Aunt Lauren playing with Elizabeth in the water. They had such a blast.
Making Sandcastles
We also went to Downtown Disney one day. Every time we go, we take her picture by these lego dogs, so eventually I'd like to do some type of collage. :)
Lauren and Ellie on the train....what fun!!
And, on the carousel
We also stopped at Pops' house on the way back and Troy was planting a sunflower in the yard, so Elizabeth had to help. She's a good helper.
No comments:
Post a Comment