Sunday, November 6, 2011

We're still here

I know it's been a while since my last post.  I wanted to thank everyone for the support and prayers for our family as we deal with Troy's mom passing.  I also appreciate the encouragement for me to continue the blog.

Things have been pretty busy around here.  Just a little bit about our weekly routine.  Elizabeth goes to Patricia's twice a week on Mondays and Tuesdays, so those are the days that I'm able to try to get a few things done around the house.  I get a few hours when the babies are asleep that I can pick up and clean or get something done that needs to be done.  It's not much, but I'll take it!  On Wednesdays, I take Ellie to dance and the babies come with me.  She's really loving her dance class right now.  She gets excited to go and has been singing the songs they do in class and doing some of the dance moves.  She won't show me too much, but sometimes she will.  Then Thursdays and Fridays, we don't have anything we have to do, but there is always something.  Plus having all 3 kids at home 3 days a week doesn't allow me much time to do anything!  ;)  I love it though.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Let's see...I should probably give an update on the babies.  They are growing like crazy.  They will be 9 months old tomorrow, 9/7/11.  I can't believe they are 9 months already.  They both have 2 teeth, can hold their bottles, and drink from a sippy cup.  They are both able to sit on their own and trying to crawl.  Luke actually crawled a little bit today for the first time!  Chloe is still getting up and pushing herself forward, but not really crawling.  They sleep through the night, most nights.  Every once in a while Luke will wake up, but for the most part, he puts himself back to sleep.  They are able to feed themselves the small puff snacks, which they love!  They love to play in the exersaucer and bounce in the johnny jump.  I think they talk to each other too.  They will be playing together and look at each other and "talk" back and forth.  Then they will laugh and smile at each other so big.  It's really the cutest thing ever!  Elizabeth is such a great big sister.  She loves them so much.  She is very protective of them.  When we were trick-or-treating, a lady tried to give them a little bag of candy, and Ellie told her "They can't have candy.  They could choke!"  It was pretty funny.

We're staying busy trying to take care of these kids and keep the house decent most of the time.  We had a great October and I will post pictures soon.  I have to do some adjustments to the pictures before I can upload them, so I will work on that soon.  But, I just wanted to do a quick post and update on how the babies are growing and what's been going on.

Here is a picture of the 5 of us at a pumpkin patch in mid October. 

No comments: