Monday, January 16, 2012

NYC - Day 1 and 2

Troy and I took a trip to New York City this weekend.  We left Thursday morning and came back on Sunday afternoon.  We went because Troy was having a work party on Thursday evening, then he had meetings from 10 - 4 on Friday.  We stayed a few extra days and did a few things.  We had a GREAT time!!

Here is our room.
We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria.


We got to NYC around noon and checked in to the hotel.
Then we took a taxi to the 911 Memorial.
It was breathtaking.  Very serene.  It's hard to imagine
the towers being there where the pools are. 


New buildings going up



Thursday night we went to the holiday party.
This was the only picture I got.  I wish I would
have had someone at the party take a good picture of us.

Friday we got up early and headed down to the Today show.  It was SO FUN!  We were even on tv.  Troy stayed for a while, but then he had to head back and go to his meetings.  I stayed for the whole show and walked around Rockefeller Plaza.  Sat at the Bouchon Bakery and had a little snack and just enjoyed a few moments to my self.  I should have a few more pictures of the Today Show coming soon.  We made some friends while we were there, and they actually live in Keller, about 15 minutes from us!  So funny!  But, they are supposed to email more pictures to me.  I didn't have my good camera with me, didn't want to carry it around, so the below pictures are a mix of phone and small camera pics.

Here we are waiting at the Today Show!

 Al Roker Saying Hi to the crowd

   This is the lady that does the Ambush Make-Over.
I wanted to get picked, but no such luck.  
Guess that's a good thing! ;)

Louis Lacari - Ambush Makeover

It was the Today Show's 60th Birthday Celebration, and they 
handed out these awesome orange hats and gloves to some 
of the fans.  We got there early enough and were in the right 
place, so we got some!  There were only a handful of hats, so 
we were super excited to get both!  :)

Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb
When the anchors would come by, they were all
so nice and said hi like they knew you.  

All of the current and past anchors of the Today Show
were there on Friday.  That was really neat.  
They all came outside for a big group picture with the staff
and we were in the perfect spot to see everything! 

Meredith Viera
I should hopefully get a picture of me with her soon! :)
I had to scan this picture in, but this is the picture they took of us.
These are our new friends.  ;)  Chris and Holly.
They were so fun to hang out with for the 4 hours we were out there.
Not such a good pic of Troy.  

Me on my few hours alone at the ice skating 
rink at Rockefeller Plaza.  It was nice to walk around
on Friday afternoon because there weren't many people out. 

Rockefeller Plaza

 Friday after Troy's meetings, we went to a nice dinner and then 
to a Broadway show.  We went to see Mary Poppins.  It was good, but we
were so tired, it wasn't a good night to go sit still!  ;)

After the show, we walked to the Empire State Building
and got to see NYC at night.  It was SO cool!

The little blue looking area below us 
is the ice rink at Rockefeller Center.





I'll continue with Saturday and Sunday on the next post.


1 comment:

Diane said...

Well aren't you two just the cutest things ever! Love the pictures especially the one with the Today hats and gloves. I'm glad you had a great time. :o)