Dr. Visits are going well. I'm 34 weeks!! I made it to the Gold Medal! The doctors are so thrilled with my progress and I am too. Babies are both head down and have dropped, so the chances of them moving are slim. That means I should be able to have a normal deliver, and not a c-section, which is what I wanted. As long as there are no complications, I should be able to. If I don't have the babies before Valentine's Day, I'll be having them that week. We will schedule an induction. The doctor doesn't want me to go past 37 weeks because the risk for complications with the preeclampsia increase dramatically and it's just not worth going past that. The babies are just putting on fat, and as of last week, they were already over 4 lbs, so by 37 weeks...I would assume they'd be over 5 lbs. I'm good with that!
So, I'm a little behind on posting pictures, but here are some of the baby shower we had on 1/8/11. We were so shocked with everyone's generosity. It really makes us know how much we are loved and how much our kids are going to be loved! Ellie was really into opening the presents. (I had a bad cold, so excuse the red nose.)
Ellie and Kenzi eating cake. Kenzi is one month older than Ellie.
My parents came down this past week/weekend and I took a few pictures. Ellie really likes to "climb" in the trees, so my dad helped her.
Then, they were coloring, and Grandpa decided to tell Ellie that she could color her finger nails with the markers. So, he got to have his fingernails painted. Luckily, it washes off. :)
On a somber note, we lost two family members this week. Troy's Grandfather, who everyone called Pops, passed away at home on Friday morning, 1/21/11. Troy was able to fly up on Wednesday night and be with him and some of the family. He had been in the hospital for the past few months, and he just wanted to go home for his final days. On Wednesday morning, the doctors gave him 3 - 5 days, so he was discharged on Thursday and taken home that evening.
Then, I got a call from my dad last night and found out that my uncle's step daughter, Molly, was killed in a car wreck. She was having car trouble and stopped on the side of the road. Someone hit her and killed her. I really have no words to say....it's so unimaginable. Just such a sad thing to happen and I am keeping all of my family in my thoughts and prayers as we've lost 2 great people this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment