I thought I might try to get in a quick blog while all 3 kids are still asleep...yes, they are all sleeping at the same time and I even took a nap too!! What a GREAT day! ;) I ventured out this morning...all by myself, with all 3 kids. I'll admit, I was very nervous. Yes, the babies are 4 months old tomorrow, and this is the 1st time I've gone out with all 3 on my own, but you have know NO idea how much of a task that is. I even tried not to ask Troy for too much help. I fed them, got all 3 ready (and myself), packed them all up and we headed out. I went to the Southlake Towncenter, it's an outdoor mall, to run to a store really quick. I knew going to the outdoor mall would be a little better than a normal mall, because most kids would rather be outside...at least mine would. So, the babies were fussy almost the entire way to the mall. This made me a little hesitant, but I pushed forward. That mall is about 15-20 min away, so by the time we got there, they were finally sleeping. They were fussy because they needed a nap. I got all the kids loaded up into the stroller and everyone seemed happy. We walked around for a minute, then ran into the store. Ellie was a BIG help! You see, when I was thinking about going to do this, I didn't think about having to open doors while pushing this HUGE stroller. So, I asked Ellie to jump off and open the door for me. She did SO good! She opened it and held it open, and after I got mostly through she let go and jumped back onto the stroller. WHEW! I think I was more worried about her than the babies and if she threw a fit how I was going to deal with it while having to make sure the babies were ok. We were in the store 5 minutes or less...yes, I was going to do this QUICK! The lady at the counter kinda laughed at me and said "I don't think I've ever seen a stroller that big." To which I responded..."yeah, I never thought I'd have to push one this big." So, we made it through the store, no melt down from Ellie and no crying babies! I will say that I talked to Elizabeth about 15 times about how she was going to act while we were in the store or she was going to be in big trouble. I guess it worked! ;) When we were done at the store, we walked around for a few more minutes. Really, not that long because pushing that stroller in 92 degree heat at 11 in the morning is not fun...it's HOT! While we were walking around, a lady stopped me and said she has boy/girl twins and an older child. They are all grown now, but it was nice to talk to her. One thing she said that did stick with me was "I'd love to tell you it gets easier, but honestly, it doesn't." Oh well...at least everything we do is an adventure and always new!!!
So, here are a few pictures from the past few days.
I was holding Chloe watching tv and Ellie came and sat with us and fell asleep.
Chloe
I tried to take a nap on Saturday afternoon while the babies slept,
but Ellie decided I needed to sleep with her babies.
She even covered me up with her blanket and sang to me.
Needless to say, I didn't get a nap.
We tried rice cereal for the first time Sunday night.
It went ok, but we've got a long way to go.
I figured we'd start trying it since they are 4 months old.
Here's Chloe
Luke
I was doing something last night and Luke was laying on the mat playing
and Chloe was in her bumbo chair.
Well, I came in the living room and found Ellie had turned Chloe around
and was putting princess make-up on her. Pretend of course. It was so cute!!!
The babies always watch Ellie and smile at her. She LOVES it!
Then I noticed she had my shoes on too.
She always puts on my shoes and walks around in them.
1 comment:
Ohmygosh, that picture of Chloe looks just like Troy! I can't believe how big they're getting. All three are just precious. By the way... LOVE the new blog look!
Post a Comment