Things are going really well. Elizabeth is feeding great. We meet with a lactation consultant today and she is right on track. We were very excited about that. It's hard to know how much she's really eating when breast feeding, but she got over 2 oz when we went today, which was great. She had a little bit of jaundice, but they were not concerned about it. She has only had one "dirty" diaper since she was born. She's had a lot of wet diapers, but no dirty. So, that's why her jaundice level was high. But, all that has changed today. Now that I've started producing milk, she's started having dirty diapers. I never thought I'd be SO excited to see a dirty diaper! But, it was great. I know I'll be wanting them to go away before long, but for now, they are wonderful! I know she's eating what she needs. You can tell in the pictures from in the previous post that she looks a little yellow, and the ones in this post are already looking better.
I'm loving being a mom. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby.....so far. :) She's finally starting to wake on her own to feed, so that's good. I was having to wake her to eat....crazy, I know! I'm feeling really good....just trying to heal. Troy has been doing really well with her as well. He's really been helpful around the house too, which is great.
So, here are a few pictures we took today.



1 comment:
Angie, seriouly you look like a natural at this whole motherhood thing! I'm very glad to hear she is breast feeding well. It can be frustrating not knowing how much their getting, but yeah for poopy diapers! :)
Post a Comment