It's so hard to tell how much a baby is actually eating when breastfeeding. I'm always wondering if Elizabeth is getting enough to eat. She's not fussy and not usually wanting to eat all the time, so I assume she is. There is a breastfeeding center at the hospital we delivered at, and I can take her in anytime and get her weighed. So, yesterday, I decided I'd take her to see how much she weighs and make sure she's getting enough to eat. The last time she went, she was 6lbs 10oz. Babies should be back to their birth weight at about 2 weeks, which will be tomorrow for Elizabeth....6lbs 15oz. When I weighed her yesterday, she was already at 7lbs 3.5oz!!! I was amazed! I guess she's getting enough to eat....which is GREAT! So, she's definitely got her mommy and daddy's ability to gain weight! ;)
Heather came over for lunch today and brought a bow for Elizabeth to wear. I had to take a picture and put it on the blog. She's bow-balicious! This picture REALLY makes me laugh...the bow is as big as her head!!! It's so funny!

2 comments:
I LOVE the Bow. You should take bow pictures every week and compare her growth to the size of the bow.
Got your call the other day, how neat...time for a Real bath!
I loved holding Elizabeth!!!
Hope to do it again soon.
Heather
HA! That is so cute. That's a good idea that Heather has - to take a picture with her and that bow like once a month or so to see how much she grows. Everyone says it, but it's so true that they grow SO fast!!
Post a Comment